The main difference between acrylic nails and gel nails is that gel nails are easy to remove as compared to acrylic nails and its popularity is also growing despite the fact that acrylic nails are being used for longer than gel nails.
|Basis of Comparison||Acrylic Nails||Gel Nails|
|Definition||Acrylic nails are fake nails that are applied over the original nails as nail extensions to give a touch of a fashionable accessory.||Gel nails are the common type of artificial nails that is available in the format of hard and soft gel.|
|Nail Polish||Less Odorless||Odorless|
|Strength||Comparatively less stronger||Very strong and stick to nail|
|Natural||Looks less natural||Looks more natural|
|Effects on Nails||Can damage the nails||Doesn’t damage the nails|
|Chemicals and Extra Materials||Requires extra chemicals to apply||Don’t need extra chemicals|
|Nail Color||Color can be turned into yellow and thinner||No effect on nails|
Acrylic nails or cosmetic nails are the popular type of fake nails that is applied over the original nails as nail extensions to give a touch of a fashionable accessory. Most of the acrylic nails tend to give a natural look to original nails, but it requires too many efforts to get that point. In most of the cases, these remains in different appearance from the original fingernails. These are made from multiple materials. Most of the people think that acrylic nails are new nails, but the fact is that these are an extension for natural nails. These are created by two approaches from tips to forms. The tips of the nails are made of sleek plastic plates that are made of nail shape. These are then glued at the end of the nail and then applied over the entire nail. These tips are now a day available in many colors and designs and range from, simple designs to texture and metallic colored designs. The other part of the acrylic nails are forms that are fitted over the nail, and in the end, artificial nail is sculpted out of acrylic nail and form is removed and properly shaped and buffed to shine. Although acrylic nails are cheaper as compared to gel nails but these have adverse effects on the health as well. The pregnant women are advised not to use acrylic nails.
Gel nails are the common type of artificial nails that is available in the format of hard and soft gel. Both are little different from each other. Hard gel nails are enough to be made into a nail extension. Both types of nails are made of nail product to extend the nail past the edge of the natural nails. These are entirely made of entirely different material as compared to acrylic nails. Acrylic nails involve usage of monomer and polymer powder while gel nails involve usage of some form of a gel that comes in bottles of gel polish. As compared to acrylic nails, these are available in many colors and verities. Whatever the color and type of gel nail is all required the usage of UV or LED light for curing. That’s why these are hard to be applied in a home environment and requires a professional to apply properly. One of the biggest advantages of gel nails is that it has no adverse effects on health at all. Moreover, these are less rigid and feel more natural as compared to acrylic nail extensions. These are also easy to remove and only required to be soaked about ten minutes. These don’t produce any odor and also leaves a glossier finish in the end. Gel nails don’t possess advantages only. These are some cons of gel nails as well. These are less durable as compared to other cosmetic nails and can be complicated for the people to apply as they want.
- Acrylic nails enhancement is complicated than gel nails as it involves a mixture of the liquid monomer with a polymer powder that takes many hours for being used properly. Gel nails, on the other hand, come into ready to use the form in a pot or bottle.
- In clear form, gel nails are mostly wet while acrylic nails are not too wet and not too dry.
- Applying gel nails is easier than applying acrylic nails.
- As gel nails are flexible than acrylic nails, so there are easier to remove as compared to acrylic nails. Acrylic nails are harder and are not easy to remove.
- It is very easy to fix the broken acrylic nails but fixing gel nails is not an easy task, and after getting repaired, it also doesn’t take the original shape.
- Removing acrylic nails is simple as compared to gel nails.
- Acrylic nails are stronger than gel nails and can last a long time.
- Gel nails cost more as compared to acrylic nails.
- Acrylic nails have an adverse effect on health, and the damage to acrylic nails can create result in the breeding of fungus and bacteria also. Gail nails, on the other hand, has not so many issues.
- Gel nails look more natural as compared to acrylic nails.
- The application process of acrylic nails is complex as compared to gel nails because the implementation process involves strong fumes and chemicals.
- Gel nails curing time is faster than acrylic nails.
- Gel nails are considered safer and eco-friendly as compared to other cosmetic nails.
- Acrylic nails have not so many verities as compared to gel nails.
- Acrylic nails can be applied at home as these don’t require too much proficiency, but it is impossible to use gel nails at home because these require UV light for curing.
- Gel nails polish is more odorless as compared to acrylic nails.
- Gel nail polish cost more as compared to acrylic nails.
- Applying acrylic nails can turn the nail yellow and thinner.