No other search engine is providing as much facilities as are being provided by Google since its foundation. Good thing is that Google is maintaining the quality and quantity of its services at the same time. Every feature of Google has its own importance. Like other services, Google+ Hangout and Google Talk are its incredible services. The purpose of these services is to facilitates the users with instant verbal and non verbal communication. Both are useful at the same time but on some features, entirely different from each others.
Google+ Hangout is the latest messaging and video conversation station developed by Google in May 15, 2013. This new platform has totally replaces the three popular communication services of Google, which are Google Talk, Google+ Messenger and simple Hangouts. Google has claimed that its new feature will surely be proved as the future of its telephony product. Google+ Hangouts allows users to make audio conversations between more than two people at the same time. With the inclusion of new features, videoconferencing with up to 10 people at the same time becomes possible. Moreover, its messaging service is in a direct competition with Facebook, iMessage and WhatsApp. This free communication software is available for Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, Android and iOS. Good news for Android users is that latest Android are built in with Google+ Hangout as a default text messaging application.
Google Talk is an old communication software of Google, which was released in August 24, 2005. It is also known as gtalk and gchat. This service was widely available for Windows, Android, BlackBerry, Chrome OS. Later on it was released for Linux, Maemo, webOS, Symbian, iOS, Mac OS X. At that time, Google Talk is available in 13 international languages. In start, it was incorporated into Gmail. Account holder can communicate with other Gmail users via messages. As Gmail operates in a browser, so there is no need to download this application. But now Google has made available the desktop software of Google Talk. It saves all the conversation history in logs of your Gmail account. You can download the conversation data as well, which was not possible before. In addition to Gmail users, Google Talk has been also integrated into Orkut. So, now you can also communicate with your Orkut friends.
- Google Talk is nine years old technology with less features and functions. While Google+ Hangout is a latest and advances communication software of Google.
- Google Talk is available for more devices as compare to Google+ Hangout. It is also available for Maemo, webOS, BlackBerry and Symbian, which are not being offering by Google+ Hangout.
- Google+ Hangout is available in 20 international languages while Google Talk is available in 13 international languages.
- Google Talk allowed videoconferencing with one user while Google+ Hangout allowed videoconferencing with up to 10 people at the same time.
- 500 new emojis are available to Hangout users which are in limited number in Google Talk.
- Although Google+ Hangout comes with latest features and functions but still Google Talk is an easy and simple application of Google than Google+ Hangout.