The main difference that exist between KMPlayer and VLC Player is that KMPlayer is not portable and not open source while VLC Player has both qualities.
KMPlayer is a freeware and adware media player for Windows Operating System the can play various number of format. It was released on October 1, 2002 and is now available in thirty international languages. KMPlayer is supportable for Windows Operating System, iOS and Android. It supports 3D format videos with a low CPU Memory share and provides an optimized, stable playback through GPU support. For Mac OS X it is still under development.
VLC Player is a free and open source, cross-platform, and portable media player that was developed by the VideoLAN project. It is also a streaming media server and can stream media over computer networks and to transcode multimedia files. VLC Player is capable of playing media files in Linux, Mac OS X, BSD, Solaris, Windows Phone QNX, Haiku, Syllable, OS/2, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Android, and iOS.
- KMPlayer is best for its rare 3D format playback functionality that is not available in VLC Player.
- VLC Player is also available in portable version while KMPlayer is not available in portable version.
- VLC Player has the capability of working as streaming media server that is lacking in KMPlayer.
- KMPlayer is a freeware and adware media player while VLC Player is a free and open-source media player.
- KMPlayer is available in thirty international languages while VLC Player is available in 48 international languages.
- VLC Player can work on Linux and Mac OS X by using the libdvdcss DVD decryption. It is also supportive for Android and iOS. KMPlayer is available for Windows Operating System, iOS and Android.
- For laptop, KMPlayer is best to use while VLC Player sound size is greater than the capacity of speakers, that’s why it can destroy the speakers.