The main difference between STD and VD is that STD is a kind of infection that has a serious chance of being spread from one person to another one via sexual contact. On the other hand, VD also spread from person to person but due to the transference of some blood also in addition to semen.
|Basis of Distinction||STD||VD|
|Definition||STD is the type of infection that is passed from one person to another one during sexual contact.||Diseases that are often spread by intimate contact in case of a sexual relationship. However, these can be shared by way of blood transferring as well|
|Acronym||Sexually Transmitted Disease||Venereal Disease|
|Dangerous Level||Comparatively low||Relatively high|
|Transferability||Due to sex or intercourse||Both sex and blood transferring|
|Effects on Child||High||Comparatively low|
|Chances of Pregnancy||Low||Still have|
Sexually Transmitted Disease or simply STD is the type of infection that is passed from one person to another one during sexual contact. For the same reason, STD is called as sexually transmitted disease. It is common for the people to use the term STD even when there are no signs of disease. There are many kinds of STD, and they are very common. According to the medical scientist, more than half of all of us will get one at some time in our lives. Most of the STDs initially do not cause symptoms. It results in greater risk of passing the disease on to others. Multiple signs of disease and symptoms are penile discharge, vaginal discharge, and pelvic pain. STD acquired before or during birth may result in poor outcomes for the baby. In most of the cases, STD may cause problems with the ability to get pregnant. More than thirty different types of viruses and bacteria that can cause STDs. The only prevention for STD is not having sex at all.
VD stands for the venereal disease. These types of diseases are very dangerous and crippling. A lot of VDs are there, but the most common of them are gonorrhea and syphilis. VDs are often spread by intimate contact in case of a sexual relationship. However, these can be shared by way of blood transferring as well. Both results are the destroyer of the humanity. VD can result from some factors in which sexual relationship is a common one. However, it can be transferred by way of receiving blood of someone else. In most of the cases, its symptoms are not visible. However, it is still a detectable disease as compared to the STD. Numerous people who speculate they are contaminated don’t look for treatment basically because they feel better. Thus contaminated people can pass on the infection to others without realizing that they are doing as such. When they start to feel strange, it is regularly past the point where it is possible to repair the harm done.
- The term VD is no more being used in medical community while STD is the commonly used term.
- As compared to the VD, STD is becoming seemingly more preferred by the health world and is a less negative stigma.
- Having STD means that the infection in and individual has been turned into disease while having VD means that a person has an infection but has not yet developed into a disease.
- Many VD has not symptoms while STDs have symptoms.
- In the case of VDs, getting tested is important as bacterial infections cause there can be cleared and cured with antibiotics.
- VDs are more dangerous and crippling as compared to the STDs.
- The term STD is preferred over the terms VD as it includes those who do not have symptomatic disease.
- STD acquired before or during birth may result in poor outcomes for the baby. While in the case of VD, these chances are comparatively low as compared to STD.
- STD may cause problems with the ability to get pregnant. VD may also cause problems with the capacity to get pregnant, but its chances are low as compared to STD.
- STD us caused by those microorganisms that survive on the surface of the skin or mucus membranes withing the genital area. VD is spread quickly due to microorganisms on the skin through the transference of some bodily fluids like blood and semen.