Wii and Wii U are the gaming products of Nintendo for young and adults. These are the game consoles. There are many differences among Wii and Wii U. Onboard storage capacity in Wii is 512 MB while onboard storage capacity in Wii U is 8 GB and 16 GB. Wii supports the resolution of 480 p while Wii U supports resolution of 1080 p, 1080 i, 720 p, 480 p, 480 i.
Wii is a game console released in 2006 by the Nintendo. Its onboard storage is 512 MB with 480p resolution support. It let you to interact with game physically by its motion control technology. It let the user to stream media from HuluPlus, Netflix and others.
Wii U is a game console released in 2012 by the Nintendo. Its on board storage capacity is 8 GB and 16 GB with 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, 480i resolution support. It not only relies on standard Wii controllers but also depends upon Gamepad. It design is fit for ergonomic with light weight having curved shape. Battery timing is 3 hours for its gamepad and can be charged while device is in use. It supports the feature of video chat.
- Wii U is the latest version as compare to Wii.
- Onboard storage capacity in Wii is 512 MB while onboard storage capacity in Wii U is 8 GB and 16 GB.
- Wii supports the resolution of 480 p while Wii U supports resolution of 1080 p, 1080 i, 720 p, 480 p, 480 i.
- Wii U is costly as compare to Wii.
- Wii U has a game pad while Wii don’t has game pad.
- Wii U supports the Wii games also but Wii don’t support Wii U games.
- Wii U is capable of video chat but Wii does not support video chat.
- Weight of Wii U is 3.5 pounds and it is heavier than Wii with 2.65 weight.
- Wii U has an access to exclusive social gaming community but Wii don’t have that ability.