The main difference between these two types of bed is that full-size bed is smaller than a queen size bed. Its length is 75 inches and width is 54 inches as compared to the 80 inches length and 60 inches width of the queen size bed.
|Basis of Distinction||Full Bed||Queen Bed|
|Definition||Type of bed that is 54 inches wide and 75 inches long||Type of bed that is 60 inches wide and 80 inches long|
|Dimension||75” x 54”||80”: x 60”|
|Variations||No||Tow; Olympic Queen Size Beds and California Queen Size Beds|
|Cost||Less costly than queen size bed but more expensive than twin or single bed||More expensive than full bed but less expensive than king size bed|
|Recommended||Single person||Grow with person from single to couple|
|Frame||Rectangular shape with not centered leg support||Rectangular shape with centered leg support|
|Space Per Person||27” width||30” width|
A full-size bed that is also called as double size bed is the type of bed that is 54 inches wide and 75 inches long. Its mattress is fifteen inches wider as compared to the single size or twin size bed. That extra space leaves each partner twenty-seven inches space or about the width of a crib. Despite the fact that it is made for two persons, but nowadays queen size bed is given priority because it offers enough space for two sleepers even both sleepers are above five feet five inches tall. Full-size beds are recommended for younger children as these give the children a more comfortable place to rest when reading and even sleeping as compared to the twin or single size bed.
The Queen bed is a type of bed that is 60 inches wide and 80 inches long. Its mattress and frame are wider as compared to the full-size bed but less than that of king size bed. For big mattress and frame, it is expensive as compared to the full bed, however, less costly than king size bed. In addition to the size of frame and mattress, the other main thing that differentiates between full size and queen size bed is that the frame of queen size bed consists of a leg in the center to support the rectangular frame. It is more comfortable as compared to the full-size bed because it offers more space per person in the case of two sleepers. In queen size bed, each person shares the thirty inches width that is perfect for a couple.
- The mattresses, sheets, and frames of the full bed are cheaper than that of queen size bed. However, all these are expensive when compared to that of single size beds.
- Full-size beds are mostly used for single person despite the fact they can accommodate two sleepers. On the other hand, queen beds are used for two persons as these can easily accommodate two persons that are why kept in small master bedrooms.
- Full-size bed is mostly used in the guest room and children room while queen bed is used in small master bedrooms.
- Both full bed and queen bed frame are of rectangular shape, but queen bed must contain rod in the center for supporting the size.
- Full bed is suitable for a person who is less than 5’8”tall while queen bed is appropriate for an individual who is over this measurement.
- The full bed has one standard version only while queen size bed has two variants namely Olympic queen size bed and California size bed. The dimensions of both of these two are different from each other.
- In full bed, each person shares the twenty-seven inches width while in queen bed each person shared the thirty inches width.
- Queen bed mattress is five inches longer and six inches wider than a full bed mattress.