It becomes interesting when you look at a word and can think of many other words that are similar to the one. Such is the case with Patient and Patience, which are related to each other but can be used in various contexts in that they are not combined. The main difference, therefore, is that a Patient is someone that is able to accept any kind of situations and does not have to overreact in all the situations. Patience is a characteristic of a patient which has the meaning of the capacity of a person that shows that they can tolerate any delays, troubles, and sufferings.
The patient is someone who is suffering from any type of disease and requires medical help to overcome. Whenever a person visits a hospital and starts taking registered treatment from the hospital, then they will be termed as patients. Another way of explaining the meaning, which is different from this one, is someone that is able to accept any kinds of situations and does not have to overreact in all the situations. Whenever something that they do not like, or have to suffer, they will act generally, will show complete tolerance and will not react in a way that will destroy their chances. In the language term, it is the semantic role of a noun that consists of a sentence; that shows about something that is affected or acted upon with the action that is carried out under the verb. Looking at the first one, if a person feels that they are not working to their full potential or see some symptoms that can give them an idea that they are unwell, they will then consult a doctor, the doctor will provide them with some medicines in the form of a prescription. If the person starts taking them, then he will be termed as a patient, this has also stemmed from the fact that when you start taking medication, you do not expect to get 100% as soon as you take the first tablet. It takes time for a person to become well and that is why they have to act tolerant over the fact that they are taking medicine and will have to wait until they are able to see the changes that will make them feel that they are fully fit.
Patience is a characteristic of a patient; this will explain in such a way that they are able to have patience. This term has the meaning of the capacity of a person that shows that they are able to tolerate any delays, troubles, and sufferings that come their way. If we look in more detail, then it can be said that the person can maintain all the features that they have in a healthy life. It Is the virtue that is considered as a quality in people since most people start to act rash and overreact even when something slightly goes wrong or is against their wishes. We can say that patience is the key to success. Let us take the example of business when a person starts it; there are many hurdles they have to face in making it successful, if you do not have patience, you will be not being able to destroy your work. But if you show it, and give proper time then you will be able to gain success. This word has also originated from Latin and was the main word which becomes used as Pati, it then changed to the patient that means suffering, and from there it came to the current form in the English language and patience. If we have to define it in an easy way, then we can say that it is the ability of a person to wait something out or go through something severe in their lifetime. Another way will be looking at the sentences that use this type of case with the word.
- The patient can have the meaning of a person who requires medical care and is getting it through registered means. Whereas Patience has the meaning of the stamina of the individual who is taking their medication.
- The term patient can also be for an individual who is enduring trying circumstances with even temper or characterized by such endurance. Whereas Patience will be the virtue that will help him in enduring trying circumstances with even temper or characterized by such endurance.
- The patient also has an exact definition and is defined as the semantic role of an entity that is not the agent but is directly involved in or affected by the happening denoted by the verb in the clause.
- The patient is the person who performs the activity of patience whereas patience is the activity or characteristic which is carried out by an individual who wants to be patient.
- A sentence case for Patient will be; “He was dissatisfied because he knew by experience that if his patient did not die now, he would do so a little later with greater suffering.” A sentence case for Patience will be; “Occasionally a little breeze puffed in but it was more of an annoyance than a help, scattering papers and patience in a hot breath of sweat and exhaust.”