Comodo Dragon and Chrome are two type of web browsers that are used for searching and browsing. Although the both are developed and designed to serve the same purpose but the platform and functions of both browsers are different to each other to some extent. First basic difference that came into mind is that both are the product of two different companies and remaining differences are shown at the end of article.
Comodo Dragon is a Chromium based freeware web browser developed by Comodo Group. To some extent it is similar to Google Chrome but it doesn’t have Chrome’s user tracking and privacy compromising features as it provides additional security features that includes authenticity and relative strength of a website’s Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate. Comodo Dragon allows the users to select either to configure the Comodo Dragon or wants to use Comodo’s own DNS servers instead of the user’s internet service provider (ISP). It was released on November 27, 2014 and available in English language only for Microsoft Windows Operating System.
Chrome is a freeware web browser and mobile web browser of Google Chrome also called as Google Chrome or simply Chrome. It was released on September 2, 2008 and is available in 53 international languages. Microsoft Windows Operating System, Android, iOS, Linux, OS X supports this web browser. At present, Google Chrome holds the 25% share of the web browsers. Google Chrome is written in C++ language. Internet users and developers use this web browser because of its fast browsing and as it holds the necessary and advanced features introduced by Google. Before 2008, integration of new features were claimed by many other browsers but Google Chrome was the first browser who actually implemented that features.
- Comodo Dragon is aC based web browser and includes the some qualities of Chromium while Chrome is a simple web browser and mobile web browser.
- Comodo Dragon is only available for Microsoft Windows Operating System while Chrome is available for Android, Linux, iOS, OS X in addition to Microsoft Windows Operating System.
- Comodo Dragon is available in only English language while Chrome is available in 53 international languages.
- Privacy features and measures of Comodo Dragon are most advances and authentic as compare to Chrome. For safe and private browsing, Comodo Dragon is recommended.
- IA-32 is the platform of Comodo Dragon and x86, x65, 32-bit ARM (ARWv7) are the platform of Chrome.